Summary of the course
This is an introductory-level training course providing the basic understanding of performance-based community readiness concept toward tsunami hazard based on 12 tsunami preparedness indicators.
The objective of this training course is to build the capacity of participants to enable them to provide assistance on building a tsunami ready community.
After the course participants are expected to have knowledge, skills and experience to be able to:
- explain 12 indicators needed to establish the tsunami ready community
- explain the overview of the tsunami ready development in Indonesia to be implemented in each country
- advocate community to complete the 12 indicators
- advocate school preparedness
- advocate a certain community to fulfill the requirements for proposing tsunami ready recognition
The target audience includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Disaster management officer (national and local)
- Government agencies and non-government organizations (NGOs) working on disaster management field
- Researchers of tsunami science background
Note: UNESCO is committed to promote equal access principles. Applications from minority or underrepresented groups are strongly ecouraged.
Course Pre-requisites Applicants are expected to:
- have knowledge and experience in disaster risk management will be an advantage
- have a good working knowledge in English
Language of Instruction: English
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to all participants (minimum 90% of tasks completion).
Course Format and Duration
The course duration will be 12 days (45 learning hours) and will be delivered asynchronously online through the OTGA e-learning platform supported by STC Indonesia.
Complete the online application form at https://bit.ly/3hRKCVm. The period for application is 1-25 October 2021.
The deadline to submit an application is 25 October 2021 (23:59 CEST). Do not leave for the last minute since the system will close automatically.
There is no course fee
In case you have any questions please contact the organisers well in advance and always using the name of the training course in Subject.